Monday, July 29, 2013

Gift of Labor and Love for Dustin

Whew, Summer is flying by!

I wanted to get some pictures up from our trip to NY. But first, I have to tell you about an amazing labor of love and generous gift.

My dad and my brother picked up a wrecked motorcycle about a year ago. It was a Kawasaki Volcan which was the make and model that Dustin used to have (before he sold it to cover adoption costs for one of our previous adoptions). So, my brother and my dad worked for a year on this bike completely repairing and restoring it.

They didn't tell Dustin, but all their love and labor was to be a surprise gift for him. They said that while they don't have a lot of extra money, they wanted to do something special for him because they see Dustin give so much to so many people; they wanted him to have something special for himself.

Here is the before and after pictures of the motorcycle:



My dad and my brother's generosity and kind hearts are just beautiful. Seriously, my dad and my brother are super talented. My brother also powder coated the bike and personalized the paint job himself (this is something he does "on the side" as he is a carpenter by trade).



I am so thankful to have such an incredible family. Thank you Dad and Brandon for the many hours of work and love that went into this very special gift for Dustin. You are a testimony and an example of Christ's selfless love. You have blessed us immensely, and I pray God blesses you in return. We love you so much!

As I mentioned in a previous post, Dustin wasn't able to come to NY for our family's annual trip to visit my family because he stayed back to take care of the farm and get projects done around the house. He does sacrifice so much to provide for our family, and he works so hard at his job, around the house, and on the farm. We are so grateful to have such a loving, hard working husband and father who's desire is to glorify the Lord in all he does. I pray God continues to bless Dustin.


I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer as much as we are! I'll try to get some pictures up from our trip to NY at some point.

We are planning on starting school August 1st (at least half days to start with). We have our Trillium Home School Co-op starting August 15th, and we need to have 2 weeks worth of our curriculum for our first meeting.

Also, don't forget, our Christmas in July Fundraiser ends July 31st. So, don't forget to place your orders if you haven't already. For the link to the Fundraiser click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment