Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Old-Fashioned Home Made Pancakes

Okay, so my kids asked me the other day to make sure that I give them all their favorite recipes for when they get older. So, I thought, I will put them here on the blog for them (and anyone else interested) to have.

Homemade Pancakes  (I have doubled the recipe here to make enough for our family of 8)

3 cups of flour (1/2 whole wheat & 1/2 all-purpose)
7 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbls. sugar
4 Tbls. brown sugar
1/4 cup of molasses
3 cups of milk
2 eggs
1/2 stick of butter (you can also substitute applesauce for a healthier option)
dash of cinnamon & nutmeg

blueberries (optional)

Oh my goodness, they are so yummy. We don't even need to put maple syrup on them! We like to have them for dinner too, and they really fill you up!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment