Monday, March 19, 2012

UPDATE on Race Sponsorship and Preparation

So, I have been trying to train for my 200 mile relay race which is coming up on the 13th & 14th of April (of which I will be running 33 miles).

It has been difficult to train consistently with 6 kids, plus my nephew staying with us this past month. I haven't gotten in as much training as I would like to have, but I am still plugging along determined to complete this race because I think of all those children in such desolation and poverty, and I want to make a difference!

After reading Katie Davis's book, "Kisses from Katie," I want to do whatever I can for those children in need in Uganda. So, even though I am tired, and I can't keep up with the housework and the school preparation,...I hit the pavement. Thankfully, Dustin has been very supportive with making time for me to sneak away to run for an hour or two as he too has read the book and been moved by Amazima's mission.

Money raised: Our team, Mom's on a Mission, has raised over $2,000 for Amazima's work in Uganda! (You can read details about our race/sponsorship here: 200 mile Relay for Amazima)

Dustin and Fasika have been running too. As mentioned in my previous post, they have joined team Ordinary Hero to run a 1/2 marathon (that's 13.1 miles) at the end of April. Fas has gotten up to running 8 miles at one time in her training, and she has such determination! She wants to make a difference in the lives of the children in need in Ethiopia. I am so proud of her and her heart!

Money raised: Fas has raised over $800 for Ordinary Hero's efforts in Ethiopia! (For details about her race and to sponsor online please visit: www.grouprev.com/fasika)

Thank you to everyone who has already sponsored our team and/or Fasika! We can do the physical training, but without your donations, support, encouragement, and your networking we wouldn't be able to make such a BIG difference. Please continue to spread the word to help us reach others that believe in our cause and want to help make an impact!

God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment