Thursday, March 31, 2011

Small World, Big Message

When we were in the airport at Dulles flying home with my two children from Ethiopia, we happened to see a couple on the shuttle bus that my daughter, Fasika seemed to recognize.

Fasika stared at them for awhile, and then got all excited and shouted "LemLem."

Lemlem was the name of the little girl this couple was adopting. Fasika had recognized them from the pictures they had sent to their daughter in Ethiopia who was at the same orphanage as my daughter. Isn't that incredible?! God orchestrated that meeting!

What a small world. How absolutely amazing!

That couple was Meredith & Alex Himaya. Alex is a pastor at The Church of Battle Creek. He just recently gave a wonderful sermon that I want to encourage everyone to listen to. He even mentions meeting Fasika at the airport! It will give you goosebumps!

It is about loving our neighbors and about what the Bible says about orphans. I truly had goosebumps through a majority of it.

Please take time to watch this (I can't seem to make it a link so please copy and paste it):

http://tcabc.com/connections/teachings/love-my-neighbor

1 comment:

  1. Hello, we met sweet Fasika in Jan, and lem lem, our daughter tigist friends, will watch video, Fasika was so beautiful and so excited to be with her family! Would love to connect!

    ReplyDelete