Wednesday, March 9, 2011

God's Presence Felt

I want to thank all the Godly people in our lives that have helped make this adoption a reality. We really struggled this time to come up with the $30,000 that it cost to complete the adoption (foreign fees, document fees, home study, dossier, travel, agency fees, etc). We had no idea where it would come from, but we believed that if we prayed, God would provide a way to help us carry out His calling for us.

God provided for this adoption in so many ways and through so many generous people. We are so humbled and so grateful to all of those who poured out their love and support, those who prayed for us and continue to pray for our family, and those who gave monetary contributions to assist us in the adoption costs. The contributions were so generous, and I am amazed and humbled by God's plan and the generosity of the individuals that felt lead to give to our adoption. A special thanks to Katelyn, Megan & Sam, Rich & Gwen, Clay & Michelle, Christy & Jamie, Lynn & Margie, Heike & Tim, and Kelley & Joel for their monetary contributions. We also want to thank Papaw for loaning us the rest of the money we needed in order complete the adoption. Plus, we want to thank everyone else that assisted in helping us with our fund raising (there are too many to list), but we are so grateful to all of you for your help in bringing our precious children home. God bless each one of you! There are no words that I can say that can adequately thank you for all you have done!

When the children and I arrived at the airport, we were greeted with so many smiling, beautiful faces of support and love. Friends and family where there with balloons and welcome signs. It was absolutely perfect. The moment was so emotional as I witnessed my family finally all together, and the friends that are an extension of our family there with us. I have never felt so blessed in all my life as I did in that very moment. To witness God's plan come together, and so many of the wonderful people in our life there in that moment. It was glorious!

So many friends and family members have offered to help in any way we could need. I have had friends call, text, and email offering to babysit some of my kids, carpool to different events, offer to make meals for our family, and just cover our family in prayer. All of these things mean so much to us!

Our first Sunday home (after being home only 2 days), we took our children to Grace Church of Topsail, which is a small church here in Hampstead. The people there were incredible. The pastor recognized and welcomed Fasika & Markos and lead a prayer for our family. The service posted words in Amharic for people to be able to greet Fasika and Markos in their native tongue. It was the sweetest thing.

After service, we stayed and had a meal and fellowship. The congregation was so supportive and caring. They went out of their way to make my newest children feel welcomed, and it brought tears to my eyes at the genuine love of Christ that was visible in these individuals.

The children at Grace Church of Topsail were absolutely fabulous with all my children making them feel so welcome and befriending them immediately. I could truly feel the presence of God among them. They are the kindest, most compassionate and genuine kids I have ever had the honor of meeting, and I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful group of kids for my children to fellowship with. We are so blessed!

We have had a wonderful new friend, Tegegn, who has provided us with Amharic translation as we wrote letters to our daughter and who now is helping us communicate with her now that we are home. We are so fortunate to have him assisting us through this transition. I do not know what we would do without him. Thank you Tegegn!

A close friend has graciously loaned us her vehicle (as we still do not have one yet that will fit our entire family in it). She also gave me a bunch of clothes her girls had out-grown which helped tremendously with expanding (or actually creating) a wardrobe for Fasika. Thank you Christy!

We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many caring and wonderful, Christian individuals. Thank you to every one; you truly are God sends.

Lord, I thank you for giving us strength and encouragement through the support of Your people. Thank you for bringing them into our lives and blessing us so abundantly.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea, I was just getting caught up on your past few posts and reading this brought tears to my eyes. How I wish we could be there to meet you and your kiddos in person! The LORD is so good and I am so encouraged to read your post! Praise Him for bringing your family together- I hope you keep posting about how it's going. I need some advice on older child adoption related stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to feel Christ's arms of love for you and your family and this adoption.
    You are loved, blessed, treasured children of the Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete