Friday, May 14, 2010

1 week left until we leave!



Wow, only 1 week left until we leave to go bring home our daughter! I am flooded with SO many emotions! We have been so eager for the day to get here, and now I worry that we don't have everything ready. Do I have all the paperwork necessary? Do I have everything we need? And, how am I going to fit it all in 4 bags of luggage under 50 lbs?

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the donations for the care centers!Our bedroom has been taken over by piles of stuff to bring on our trip; our bed is covered in donations for the care center. In fact, Dustin and I have been sleeping on the floor in the room upstairs for almost a month now!

I've been trying to organize everything for my kids that are staying here too. Do they have everything they need? I've completed the schedules of activities, playdates, and sleepovers to break up the week. Even a schedule of meals laid out. (Didn't realize how obsessive compulsive I can be :)

Even though I know my dad and my in-laws are great with my kids, it will be hard to leave the boys and Audriana for 8 long days! I've made the boys charts of what is expected of them for while we are gone; plus, they can use them to count down the days until we return. I will miss them!

However, I am also beyond excited to meet Alanah! I wonder what she will think of us! Will she let us hug her because I want to hug her and kiss her, but I understand if she isn't ready for that right away. Surely she will be afraid of us at first. I wonder how long it will take for her to warm up to us. How hard will it be to communicate with her? How frustrating will that be for her?

Yes, I am filled with so many emotions, more than I can name.

Even though I have looked over the checklists that the adoption agency has provided us with multiple times, everything on the list has a check mark next to it, but I still have this overwhelming feeling I am going to forget something!

I am reminded of one of the Awana verses: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." -1 Peter 5:7

3 comments:

  1. Again, I have loved following this! I am so excited for you and your newest family member, I know you will be so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend who adopted from China reminded me...paperwork is the only thing you CANNOT forget, anything else, you could buy there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay to be nervous. It really is! This is a HUGE, NEW, EXCITING adventure! It's a first - for you guys and her! Just remember that "All things work together for good, for those who love the Lord - those who do His will according to His purpose."
    You are moving in God's plan - it will be tumultuous and full of emotion - but it will not be painful.
    Prayers for you and yours! Especially for the human emotions of trepidation!

    ReplyDelete