Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our Sign...an Angel

We found her today! Our daughter, we saw her! I know it is hard to believe, and I honestly thought people were a little crazy when they said "they just knew," but it is true...I know it!

I have been on countless waiting lists for months searching for our possible daughter, and never have a found a little girl in Ethiopia that is within our age range,....and there she is, today! Right after we finish up our home study and inform the social worker that we are sticking with an "under 36 month age!"

I requested the information from International Adoption Guides (IAG), and they emailed me her picture and her story; we want her. There is just something in my heart that aches for her, and Dustin feels the same way. She looks a little sad and confused in her picture. There isn't a whole lot of information about her, but something tells me that she is the one!

As soon as I saw her, I contacted IAG and told them that we believed that little girl was supposed to be our daughter. We printed out their application and sent it in express mail. They said they would send us their contract and manual to review immediately. There are other families that could be looking at her, and it is possible that this wont work out for us. It is hard not to get our hopes up, but we just have such a good feeling about this.

Still we continue to pray for God's will. We are now praying too for this little girl, that she find her forever family, even if that family isn't us (but of course we hope that it is)!

No comments:

Post a Comment